Friday, September 19, 2014

If I Remember: Short Short Story



      Oh hey how's it going" my name is-Was that a hawk? Sorry, those birds outside just caught my attention. Wait, what was I saying again? Oh yeah, I was telling you about my ADD. Sometimes it's hard for me to concentrate. Sometimes my mom will get mad at me because I can't stay on task. She's constantly on my case- Ughhh I still have that math homework to finish, but I keep on thinking about my baseball game. Anyway, I live with my mom and her boyfriend Paul who drives a yellow Corvette. Why yellow? Yellow is such a weird color and all it reminds me of is mustard. Mustard is disgusting. Honestly, who likes slimy yellow liquid that comes out watery at first and ruins your perfectly good piece of bread? Did you know that in the early 1700s the British middle colonies of America were called the Bread Basket Colonies? Yeah, that's about all I took out of History class yesterday. My teacher is always on my back about not getting my homework done and not putting enough effort into school. Blah blah blah this, blah blah blah that. Sorry, its not my fault I can't sit still and concentrate for more than twenty minutes. Twenty minutes goes by so fast but in just that short amount of time, I can think of about a hundred different things. People might think that kids with ADD struggle a lot, and they're right but there is one silver lining. It gives you a chance- even if it's just for a few minutes-to think deeply about things that most people don't even consider. So don't let people define you as some troubled, struggling kid. It's-"Are you getting your homework done?" Alright, well it was nice talking to you, wait what's your name again? Okay, haha my bad. I might call you later, if I remember ( I won't.)

1 comment: